Now Cough

Monday, June 06, 2005

That's Cold!

Owwwww

"Coldplay, the most insufferable band of the decade..."

Yes, that is how critic Jon Pareles put it in the Sunday New York Times (reg required)

Now, these lyrics from the hit song 'Clocks' do have a lot to be desired:

Lights go out and I can’t be saved
Tides that I tried to swim against
Have bought me down upon my knees
Oh I beg, I beg and plead
Singing
Come out of things unsaid
Shoot an apple off my head
And a trouble that can’t be named
A tiger’s waiting to be tamed..


Shoot an apple off my head??

PLEASE

Still, I like the music and no, Pareles, I am not among "moony high school girls and their solace-seeking parents, [by] hip-hop producers who sample its rich instrumental sounds and [by] emo rockers who admire Chris Martin's heart-on-sleeve lyrics."

Fake War on Terror (continued)

Gottta hand it to the 911 Commission--they just won't let up. Someone needs to keep the pressure on because the Bush administration is not smartly preparing the nation to resist a terrorist attack nor is it waging the war in any clever, intelligent and effective way.

Has the threat diminsihed in the last year?

Lee Hamilton on Nightline this evening: "Not fundamentally...terrorist actively has actually picked up..."

Missing?

* Effective congressional oversight
* Poor distribution of Homeland Security money to the most critical areas
* Lack of support for first responders

And Osama is still alive somewhere...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home